21.6.07

The Wisdom of Winnie the Pooh

There's a book called the Tao of Pooh, for some it may seem ridiculous- after all it compares the sayings of an illustrated bear to classic Eastern philosophy...however I wonder if it's such a bad idea?

For someone entrenched in the grind of life, Pooh is my opposite- 'Pooh epitomizes the 'uncarved block' as he is well in tune with his natural inner self. Pooh enjoys simple pleasures and the daily progress of life.' I am obviously not Poohesque in my approach to life (I wish I was though). I thought it would be fun for you to read some of Winnie's sayings, here are some that I liked:

"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember- you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart- I'll always be with you.”

“You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count.”

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

“I used to believe in forever, but forever is too good to be true.”

“You can't always sit in your corner of the forest and wait for people to come to you... you have to go to them sometimes.”

“The hardest part is what to leave behind, ... It's time to let go!”

Maybe there is some wisdom in Winnie the Pooh after all? I think some of these have a sad quality about them, about how ephemeral life can be? I'm not sure. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.