25.6.07

Can't Breathe

So my anxiety has started manifesting itself in a completely new way: suffocation. Previously I have experienced:

  • Insomnia (my old friend)
  • Migraines (another old friend)
  • Hives (twice)
However the suffocation is new. It's literally like I can't breathe. I have to make an effort. Sources of stress recently:
  1. Finding a new apartment (the apartment I wanted, the one with the high ceilings was rented out unbeknownst to me because it was 'first come first serve' a fact they neglected to mention when I spoke to them a day earlier!)
  2. Moving by this weekend- I did find a replacement apartment, but now have to schedule movers to pack all my worldly possessions into a pod.
  3. Grad school- will I get in? will I get recommendations? what if I don't get in? when will I study for GMAT? how will I pay for it? what will I do afterwards?
  4. Work- not really a cause for stress, even though I work 70 hours a week, it just doesn't leave time/energy for much else
I guess one of the things that bothers me, more and more, is solitude. I'm feeling more incomplete than usual nowadays. I don't know why that is. I feel somewhat discombobulated (always liked that word, it's a fun word to say). I have never been one to 'look' for something, but I will admit that there are times that I wonder how things would've been different if a small situation here, or a element of chance there, had tipped in another direction? Well coincidence, happenstance, and luck have smiled upon me before, and you can't plan the most wonderful things in life. I must remain patient, and not succumb to my wandering mind, because I know the magic my heart holds.

No comments: