Wisdom of Trees
I like trees. Not in a tree-hugger-deforestation-global-warming-fanatic sense. They have personality. Perhaps it's from living in Pennsylvania (which has a lot of trees)? I'm not entirely sure. 
Here is a tree that I pass by every day on my way to work, that's a three story building next to it, to give you a sense of it's presence and scale. It's seems very wise and strong. Although by growing sideways perhaps it's indicating that it's not friends with the building?
From my window, at work,
I can look out at mountains near San Francisco, the mountains have lots of trees as well. It can be quite hypnotic, gazing out at the details in the evergreens (the camera phone doesn't quite do it justice). On some mornings I can see the fog, hanging low over the hills, like a velvet blanket. If I sat on the other side of the building, I could see the ocean and the bay, but I prefer to look at the trees. The ocean has a nebulous, churning, and unknown quality...and as we all know, we're afraid of the unknown :) I much prefer the trees and their wisdom and tranquility.
No comments:
Post a Comment