5.6.07

Memorable Scenes from Movies part 1

My most memorable scenes- tell me if any of them resonate?

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- the entire movie is great (top 5 all time for KH, who felt Ferris was the coolest ever), however some scenes that are especially great:

  1. Ferris singing Twist and Shout at the St. Paddy's Day parade in Chicago (come on come on baby now!)
  2. Jeanie kicking Principal Rooney in the face- multiple times
  3. The Death of the Ferrari- great symbolism in that scene
The Godfather II
  1. Fred has a conniption, Michael finishes with my favorite dialog* ever:
I'm your older brother, Mike, and I was stepped over!

That's the way Pop wanted it.

It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand? *KH- I know these lines by heart
Sneakers- another one of my favorites- I'm a nerd for the spy genre:
  1. Where they realize on the scrabble board that Setec Astronomy means 'Too Many Secrets'
  2. When the blind scientist 'sees' that the black box is hidden in the answering machine, before everyone else :)
  3. At the end when they all get to make their 'wishes'. I always wonder what I would've asked for? You?
Jurassic Park- I can't get away from this movie- I still watch it every time it's on tv. I admit all my favorite moment are T-Rex heavy.
  1. They are talking about chaos theory and look down at the cup of water and see the ripples (from the T Rex stomping towards them)
  2. The first time the T Rex bellows (I guess, or what? snarls?)! It's super loud! Everyone's reaction is like hoooooooooooooooooly f8cking shit!
  3. When the kid's escape from the Velociraptors in the kitchen- I always thought it was funny how the girl went screaming and running towards the meat freezer. Hehehehe.
Casablanca- Bogie and Ingrid Bergman had incredible chemistry- I wonder if I'd be as noble as Rick? He was so bitter, yet he did the right thing.
  1. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine"
  2. "Here's looking at you, kid"- KH personal favorite
I love this movie so much, that I have this poster framed in my apartment

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Bueller. Definitely one of my all-time favorite movies, and the Twist and Shout scene is one of the best. Also the phone bit in the restaurant.

Another favorite scene from a popular 80s movie? When Duckie dances to "Try a little tenderness" in Pretty in Pink.


Actually, that is perhaps my absolute favorite scene from a movie EVER.