Intepretation of Dreams cont'd
So the feedback to the interpretation of dreams was quite overwhelming (thanks to everyone who emailed- you all need help). Anyways I had this really vivid dream today, and in some small part, I wonder if it's connected to what I said recently about Pa. Here's what happens in the dream:
I'm a pilot and as usual I'm scheduled to take a flight. However at flight time I realize I don't know how to fly that particular model but I'm too nervouse/shy/embarrassed to actually admit I don't know how to fly that plane. I ask if there's a co-pilot (who can help me figure out how to fly the plane), however I'm told that I'll be on my own. I'm also said that it's a plane, so how hard can it really be to figure out how to fly it? I have serious trepidation but am reluctantly forced to go through with it.
The flight starts and I have no clue, at all, how to fly this plane. It seems that in my nervousness, and anxiety, I have even forgotten what I did know, about flying, to begin with. Key events:
- I have to re-park the plane and overshoot the 'parking spot'
- There turn out be two cockpits- I'm sitting in the 'basic' one, without all the controls
- I manage to get the plane ready for take off but don't know how far to pull back and get the right angle of ascent, the plane starts stalling, but rather than panic I make an announcement to keep up a pretense of (false) competence- I also don't want the passengers to worry, the one's who have trusted me
- I start adjusting the throttle and the plane is now aloft but clearly at the wrong altitude (it's too low)
- I find my way to the 'second/advanced cockpit' and that's where I'm supposed to determine the flight heading, I radio in for help but I can't see out the window. Over the radio they tell me the correct heading but I'm unable it to enter it in because the plane requires my constant attention and I'm afraid to crash it.
- Just as I'm ready to enter in the heading, the knob doesn't work, I start getting annoyed with it, and simultaneously the fog clears! I can see out the window, and the first thing I see is that the plane is flying dangerously low...over a shipwreck.
What the f7ck?
Analysis: I'm not sure. My dad spent his entire career in the aviation industry, so maybe that has something to do with planes? I think that might be too simplistic. The plane perhaps represents a life challenge that I'm ill-prepared to overcome? The passengers are people I care about who I don't want to disappoint? The shipwreck? The fog? No copilot? Perhaps you have a better explanation?
No comments:
Post a Comment