Intepretation of Dreams
Why I don't rest even when I sleep
After I tell you this, you're going to think, 'Damn this guy has issues!' well its nothing of the sort. I, like most people, have my fair share of bad dreams, however with a critical difference: I remember my dreams (especially the bad ones), and I remember them with exactitude. (Interesting aside- don't you just hate it when you're sleeping and you feel like you're about to fall over the edge of your bed- you wake up all panicked and clutching your covers like Mwaaaah! hehehe...). Anyways, this dream I had SUCKED. It was terribly sad.
I dreamt that my mother was really upset. I asked her why and but she wouldn't come out and say. She was crying and kept saying prayers under her breath and was completely gray with sorrow. Turns out that my mom was married once before and a had baby with her (first) husband. The baby died in infancy and this lead to the breakup of her marriage. My mother subsequently met my father and had us. Her whole life she never told anyone about her first marriage or her child that had passed on. She cried on that particular day because she remembered her baby and felt tremendous guilt for denying his memory her entire life. Once I found out I had conflicting emotions of anger (why didn't you tell me before) and pity (what a terrible burden to carry your whole life).
Anyways when I woke up I couldn't help but wonder what that dream symbolized?
Who is the baby? Why does he symbolize great loss?
What is the burden we all carry?
How does one cope with sorrow?
I believe dreams are insights into the human condition and a premonition of sorts. I haven't had the time to think about this in greater detail recently. Perhaps you've had messages sent to you in your dreams? What do they mean?
No comments:
Post a Comment