7.6.07

The One I Love?

So I finally managed to catch Smallville this week and I found myself debating, quite seriously, a matter of grave importance. Who's hotter? Chloe, the nerdy rational reporter or Lana, the alluring, eye candy who will melt your heart? Now on the surface Lana (Kristin Kreuk) wins in a landslide:

- She's part Dutch, Chinese, and Jamaican -translation- she's super hot
- She's got a killer body
- She's super hot (oh wait I already said that, er, you get the point)

And she epitomizes her role to perfection- like most hot girls she is:
- confused
- indecisive
- irrational
- annoying
- materialistic
- emotional
- and the clincher: stupid

However she has the one redeeming feature, that rights all wrongs: she is super hot. Okay. Super hot. Established. Got it. Moving on.

So in this obviously unequal match-up does Chloe (Allison Mack) have any hope? any chance? Well not in an obvious way. Let's look at Chloe's (who represents all the insecure nerdy chicks out there) 'qualities':

- intelligent (yes...obviously)
- witty
- well-read
- rational
- balanced
- reliable
- quirky

Chloe can't compete on looks, so the only thing she has going for her is, well, being interesting. And like most guys, well if I want interesting, I'll tune in to the Discovery Channel thank you very much. Now Lana, howyoudoin?

Final Thoughts: As I grow old, in my infinite wisdom (and well experience...er), I realize that the Lana's of the world are great for fun, for a fling, for a weekend of hedonism, for joining the Mile High Club etc. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the Lana's out there- the Lana's of the world serve a purpose- we need them, we want them, they satisfy our most basest desires, and honestly, are terribly fun to manipulate. The Chloe's of the world? Well let me put it like this: You're flying from San Francisco to Sydney (which I shall be soon- yes business class- always!), its a 16 hour flight, so what would you rather have?

- A Lana sitting there bitching about how the flight attendant is like, uh, totally ignoring her?

or

- A Chloe reading a book, listening to her ipod, watching the Planet Earth documentary, and debating the merits of Ferris Bueller's Day Off vs. The Breakfast Club?

Well, in my life I've spent an inordinate amount of time with Lana's ilk and it's been fun and memorable to be part of the club (want to see pix from a Lingerie Party?). But in my life, in my heart, I admit, I have a soft spot for nerdy girls. Their most endearing quality? They don't realize how cute they are. And it's that very lack of awareness which makes them attractive. Hmm, I know what you're thinking- KH must be getting mellow (or wise?) in his old age because it sounds a lot like KH just chose character over personality... substance over style...and Chloe over Lana. Go figure*.

*Isn't it a shame that I will, most likely, end up with a Lana? Why??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for you. It took you an entire blog entry to figure out that you're shallow and into needy, annoying girls?

Also, it is possible to be nerdy and absolutely gorgeous. I should know. :-p