12.6.07

KH FAQ

To help faithful orange-heads learn more about their favorite person, me! I'm going to randomize the answers, email me if you have other questions. Best, KH

1) Are you a creature of habit?
Yes! I've been told that I'm slightly OCD, and I have yet to confirm or deny the allegation. I tend to order the same things when I eat out, watch the same channels etc. I think it has to do with dealing with change early on in life (moving around)- I established constants in my personal life in terms protocols, routines, procedures, and habits. Perhaps it was to make structure amidst anarchy?

2) Do you believe in God?
The quick answer- Yes. However I also believe that organized religion is the cause for vast majority of conflict today (and, well, since The Crusades). I also believe what we have today is a bastardized version of what religion really intended (did I just blaspheme?). I believe that while religion can be very powerful, today it divides more than it unites. When I was in Italy, I chanced upon this old church in Roma, inside they were singing hymns. I was spellbound. It may sound like a cliche, but the combination of that ancient church, the cold marble floor, and those haunting voices was incredibly powerful. Since then, I've enjoyed visiting churches (as an observer, not a pilgrim).

3) Have you been to a rave? (We used to just call them 'parties' back in 1997)
Yes. Many. In the mid to late 90s I caught the tail-end of an electronic music wave, the likes of which has not been witnessed since. I think I was privy to an incredible renaissance - I never realized music could be that powerful (and loud). Since then the entire 'scene' has been diluted in terms of the music, and sadly, in terms of the people listening to the music. Our motivation was always the music first, now people indulge for the hedonism associated with that music. Somehow it just isn't as fun or special, when things go mainstream.

4) What makes you happy?
Good question. Recently I did an informal poll and asked other people the same question, here are some of the responses I got:

- " Making other people laugh "
- " My children "
- " Learning "
- " Being in love "

So what makes me happy? I don't know. I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out. I know lots of things that I find interesting, amusing, appealing, exciting, intriguing and generally fascinating, but I'm not sure I can pinpoint what, if anything, truly makes me happy. By the way, I think the 'love' answer is a cop-out.

-to be continued-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh, HELLO? What about Smallville?! Isn't that, like, the source of all happiness in the world?