29.7.07

Pix from Art Gallery + DJ

First Impressions: There was a LINE to get in. A line! What is this Studio fucking 54? We didn't have to wait that long, maybe 10 minutes. I hate waiting in lines (I never do), as far as I'm concerned no place is THAT cool to merit a line wait. Honestly if you're not on the guest list, and you have wait in line with the losers, why bother going out? I'd rather read a book and watch the Tour de France.

To be fair the location looked pretty cool, it was in a sketch alley, surrounded by industrial lofts. The music (albeit awful) could be heard a block away. Basically they get a solid 'B' for effort, but an 'F' for execution.

Music
: It was really god awful. In one room they had this odd hybrid that can only be described as Industrial Jungle. In the second room they had a mix of folk, hippy dancing music and electro. I'm serious. Now you wonder why I had a skull crushing migraine at 3 am.

Crowd: well I all I can say is that I was terribly overdressed. The 'look', by and large, can best be described as K-Fed + Homeless Chic. Over sized t-shirts, hats with stiff bills, large baggy jeans, sneakers, and rags etc. A portion of the clientèle were hippies. Some of the hippies smelt really bad, like awful b.o. style (I hate hippies, what they have against showering I'll never understand).

Eye Candy: like I said SF is not New York or Montreal. Girls who would measure a simple 6 on the hotness scale, look like 8's here. Seriously. Some of the girls were fat, hippy chicks. So not into fat hippy chicks, sorry!

Some pix, enjoy!

The Sketch Approach!

I like this picture- it's very Gotham
Artsy Overpriced San Francisco Lofts

Waiting in Line @ Studio 54


Art Gallery with Artists! Genius!

The Don was there


Everyday Items



3 comments:

Susan said...

Why is everybody always hating on the hippies? That's what I want to know.

kh said...

they smell

Anonymous said...

hmmm...you have the farrah fawcett picture under "everyday objects"...not sure how to interpret that one?