Multi-tasking
Here's what I did while talking on the phone with Gwen after work:
- Drove home through traffic-hour traffic
- Stopped at the grocery store (bought cheddar cheese, yummy)
- Ordered and paid for dinner (steamed chicken and veggies)
- Changed my clothes- that involved taking off my cufflinks
- Cleaned the kitchen
- Loaded the DVD player (it is seven years old but it's Pioneer multi-disc, it was cool in its day)
- Warmed up dinner and opened a cold Diet Coke
I had this amazing week. Yet sitting here on Friday night, exhausted it seems terribly wrong that my family was the cause of unnecessary anxiety/angst. Doesn't anyone realize that I'm doing it all on my own? Do you know how difficult it is?
I had some big wins this week- really big wins- yet there is no one to share in my happiness, in my excitement and enthusiasm. There is so much I want to tell you. After years of hard work, I'm on the cusp of realizing great dreams, and there's no one to experience it with me, asides from this wretched blog. It makes me believe that Kal El has lost his greatest strength- the mythical human touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment