Humanism
On my facebook profile, my religion is listed as 'humanity'. I've always had a contentious relationship with organized religion, as I feel it creates more barriers and problems, than it solves. I believe in the power of God, prayer, and love. However I have not suspended my capacity for logic in embracing faith 'blindly'. I will continue to be a Muslim, however feel that my definition of being a one is radically different from conventional wisdom. I believe humanity is the foundation for all religions. I also believe you should learn about humanism.
- Knowledge of the world is derived by observation, experimentation, and rational analysis
- Humans are an integral part of nature, the result of unguided evolutionary change
- Ethical values are derived from human need and interest as tested by experience
- Life’s fulfillment emerges from individual participation in the service of humane ideals
- Humans are social by nature and find meaning in relationships
- Working to benefit society maximizes individual happiness
No comments:
Post a Comment