For the Good of Society!
Ah the perils of the 'Good Face' continue...
So today I received an email from a college friend (she now lives in SF incidentally), which was titled:
"kal el should be having more sex"
My initial reaction was...ooookay
Anyways, it's not like 'that' with this friend [she's very happily married (well nearly)] she was actually sharing an article, which made me think:
1) I must come across as a complete nerd
2) Is that accurate? (Partially probably, but I'm not entirely sure)
Anyway you look at it, I don't think the article makes for a very flattering portrayal i.e. Cautious Martin loses in each scenario:
Great! So I can die alone, and no one would know the difference. What a way to go!A cautious guy like Martin does the world a favor every time he hits the bars. In fact, he does the world two favors. First he improves the odds for everyone who's out there seeking a safe match. The second favor is more macabre, but probably also more significant: If Martin picks up a new partner tonight, he just might pick up an infection as well. That's great. Because then Martin goes home, wastes away in solitude, and eventually dies - taking the virus with him.
If someone has to get infected tonight, I want it to be Martin rather than Promiscuous Pete, who would probably infect another twenty people before finally dying.
I'm always glad to see guys like Martin in the bars. When he takes home an uninfected partner, he diverts that partner from a potentially more dangerous liaison. When he takes home an infected partner, he diverts that partner from giving the virus to someone who might spread it far and wide. Either way, I sure hope he gets lucky tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment