19.7.07

Aggravated

My sister is attending a friend's wedding in San Francisco, and has been the source major aggravation for the past two days. It started with a phone call yesterday from my parents, where they gave me her flight details the day before she is supposed to arrive. I was immensely pissed as I had asked for her travel dates previously and didn't receive any details. Two months ago she asked me if she could stay with me and I had explained that with the wedding in the city she would find it difficult to commute from my location (20 minutes outside of downtown) back and forth- I suggested that it would make more sense for her to attend the wedding by staying in the hotel with the remainder of the wedding guests. Anyways that got warped into, 'you said I can't stay at your place so I made my own arrangements.' Furthermore two months ago when asked about my plans in July I said I had to move, study for GMAT, and potentially travel for work, this was twisted into 'you said you were too busy to attend my friend's wedding.'

Anyways yesterday my parents called and I told them I haven't been informed of her plans at all, and I won't be able to now leave work in the middle of the day and pick her up from the airport. This in Eastern culture is a sign of disrespect and frowned upon. All I asked was for advance notice, so I could've taken the day off etc. Instead it was, Oh you're busy so she made her own plans. So I had an extremely contentious conversation with my parents yesterday. I felt like I was going to have an aneurysm. I honestly don't need this aggravation in my life, especially not now. Today my sister called and the conversation deteriorated within the first ninety seconds- I'll admit I was fuming mad. It ended with her hanging up on me. Not before she managed to snipe that, 'well you're only concerned about yourself, and not your family.'

I'm a generous person to a fault. However, like any true Scorpio, if you manage to cross me, then expect the worst. I'm so completely pissed at how I've been misconstrued that I have a good mind not to see her. It didn't have to be that way, but I'm genuinely upset and will not put on a false front. I realize this will cause my parents tremendous grief, and it leaves me in a bind. I don't appreciate selfishness and I will not tolerate being misrepresented. And if that means people get upset, well then, so be it. Think of it as the straw the broke the camel's back.

This can be added to a laundry list of items that are weighing heavily on my mind (and heart). Like what? Sigh. It doesn't matter, I don't expect you to understand.

As ever, K

No comments: