28.7.07

I'll Pass

Now I understand. When people reference their significant others, in conversation or otherwise, somehow I find myself feeling annoyed, irked, and even generally miffed. I'll admit it doesn't make much sense, however that doesn't take away from the fact that it happens, and on some level it has a negative impact on my mood, even if it's marginal. It's a purely selfish thought process.

Why?

Some people find completeness in their life sooner than others. Whoever said to have love and lost is better than not having loved at all was a damn fool. Sometimes I wish I had never experienced or seen what I have, that I had remained a blank, empty canvas, that I was somehow emotionally ignorant.

I realize there is a gap in my life, and I rue opportunities missed. Now, I may sound like I'm waiting for The One, but this isn't a movie where everything works out, a simple happy ending and all that. This is life, and it can be agonizingly imperfect. Reality bites, remember? I may more than just cynical, but I've resigned myself to a fate where my impatience may eventually trump my need for Chloe. A life with Mouse! How I wish it was otherwise, and that makes me somewhat bitter.

So you found completeness? That's great! I'm very happy for you, congratulations. I just rather not to hear about it.

No comments: