Downtown Excursions
I have a couple of friends in town for a week, so for the last 3 days I've been heading into the city. Given that yesterday was the All-Star Game and the day before Home Run Derby you would not believe the extent of the traffic retardation. I, wisely, took the train. Anyways here are various pix taken with my cell phone over the last few days :)
I love taking pictures (and yes I was always the 'guy with the camera). I'm seriously debating getting a digital SLR (my digital camera died recently), but then again I'm also seriously considering an Omega. I feel torn between the two. I love taking pictures, but I also love Omega watches. I thought about getting the Omega and a 'regular' digital camera, but it seems like such a cop-out. Somehow, I get the feeling I'll end up getting both. Adios bonus!
Look! It's R2D2 hanging out near Union Square. I have to admit that is quite ingenious, especially for the US Postal Service?! 
This is on the train heading into the city. Look at the 'Warning' sign, you can't quite read it but it's very 1984. Essentially says you're being recorded, taped, photographed. I assume this is to deter violence and crimes but in today's political atmosphere its reminiscent of dystopia:
I love this picture. It (oddly) reminds me of the East Coast, actually of Philly. Not that I should have many memories from Philly, but this stop is called Balboa Park. Get it? Balboa? Philly? Ok I admit I do have lapses in dorkitude :)
This is in front of the snazzy Westin Hotel on Monday night. There were about 30 California Highway Patrol (CHiPs!) motorcycles parked in front as the baseball All-Stars were staying at the Westin. I like this pic because not only did I take it as I was crossing the street but I managed to capture the limo which adds an element of ubercool:
I like this picture as well, taken from the 10th floor of the Orchard Hotel in Nob Hill. The Orchard is a little boutique hotel, SF is great in that sense- you can get away from the mega chains and find these neat boutique hotels that are awesome. From this picture you get a sense of the hills! :
First they are recording us on the train AND you can't eat or drink?? What the fuck is that! I agree with the no smoking, but no eating or drinking? Police state:
Every time I drive out of the city, I try take a picture of the Lamborghini show room on Van Ness. On the left you can vaguely make out the Lambo with it's open scissor doors. Yes all the pictures are blurry, and I'm not sure why I persist on taking them while driving a vehicle late at night. I love Lambos, that's the only reason I can think of...well not everything in life has to be absolutely logical, does it? 
Well I hope you enjoyed my pix, since I woke up late, spent 45 minutes blogging, I am now really late for work.
Adios, Elmo
No comments:
Post a Comment