The Shirt of Doubt
So last weekend one of the errands on my list was: buy new jeans. This is my extremely pragmatic and straightforward approach to shopping: price sensitivity is inversely related to the amount of time spent. The approach has served me well over the years.
Anyways, I picked up a pair of jeans at BR and when I saw this funky hipster shirt, I thought, hmm, not bad, I'll pick it up. I bought it, stuck it on a wooden hanger and promptly forgot about it.
This morning as I was groggily getting ready for work (working late, little sleep, and waking up early tends to do that), I saw the shirt and thought, hmm I'll wear my new hipster shirt!
It felt weird. The shirt. It didn't feel right. Didn't look right.
Look as you know I have my own unique formula, or 'look' that orbits around fairly conservative, french cuff shirts shirts, and v-neck sweaters.
I thought about changing. But as I was running late (not really, but I had a lot of work, it was 7:25 am), so I dashed off to work.
It felt odd all day. So the first thing I did was consult with our resident fashion maven K-Lo (she's partner at the firm and supercool). K-Lo's said the shirt was funky, cool, and gave it two thumbs up. I'm still undecided on it. What do you think?
And yes, the shirt has a contemporary, skinny collar :)
1 comment:
You looked dorky! hahahaha!
Post a Comment