3.8.07

Disappointment

You will travel far, my Kal-El, but we will never leave you-even in the face of our deaths. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father. And the father, the son.*
I finally got home to at a reasonable hour this week, and thought is going to be a perfect start to a relaxing (well somewhat i.e. asides from work I brought home, and grad school apps) weekend- I'm going to have dinner and watch my favorite television show at 7 pm, Smallville. Turned on the tv, watched an interesting feature on bizarre food (I am somewhat obsessed with bizarre food) on the Travel Channel, and was totally psyched to finally watch Smallville after a looong time- you know how it is-

Find out what Lana's complaining about now, check out the freak-of-the-week, admire Lex being diabolical, appreciate Chloe's smile etc...except...there was one problem...

THEY STOPPED SHOWING SMALLVILLE

I feel numb. I think I'm still on the second stage of the Kübler-Ross model-

Denial- "Nooooo, this can't be happening, where's Smallville"
Anger-"WHY? I so work hard, was a daily episode of Smallville TOO MUCH to ask for?
Bargaining- this stage hasn't started yet
Depression- my old friend, I'm sure I'll visit here for a while
Acceptance- eventually I'll come accept this 'loss' in my life

So instead of Smallville 8 days a week, it'll be Thursday nights only. That's if I make it home on time. And I remember.

Why did this happen?

Of course, I believe it's an omen. All good things must come to an end, yes? Why does it have to be like this? I'm not sure. Perhaps this little love affair will continue at a different time. Somehow I know it will.


*I realize it's not from Smallville, but it was, and remains, one of my favorite quotes from the movie

No comments: