30.8.07

Netvibes !

My new favorite web utility is Netvibes. Like traditional news aggregators, Netvibes allows you to add RSS feeds from all your favorite websites and blogs, and it also ties in useful widgets such as meta-search (google, yahoo etc.), facebook, a calendar, and a meta-email sign in (gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc.). As a result I no longer have to run around the entire web. Think of this as a launch point on steroids; it is incredibly useful because you no longer have to go anywhere.

Here's a screen cap of my Netvibes launch point (yes I named it 'Metabot'. Why? Because it sounds robotic and cool). I've moved some panes around so you can see some of the features I referenced earlier, as well as feeds from msnbc, the economist, and oh look my blog as well, woo hoo :)

I highly recommend that you setup a Netvibes launch point, traditional web navigation is so Y2K.




No comments: