INXS
I 'discovered' INXS when they released Suicide Blonde. While I wasn't first to the party, I certainly enjoyed it. After listening to INXS' X, I heard Kick. And what an album it was- it was quite simply a revelation, far far better than X. In fact any INXS purist will admit that Kick is indeed a far superior album (if they don't, then they should). X was a good album; Kick just simply rocked.
I nearly saw INXS in concert in 1991. However Ma didn't let me go. Her list of reasons included: it's too dangerous (Pittsburgh PA was such an urban nightmare- notice the sarcasm?), I need to study for finals (Study? People do that? But but I'm brilliant), and I'll have time later in life to go to INXS concerts. Suuuuure, that's a real possibility considering that Michael Hutchence is now conveniently, DEAD.
Regardless these are three songs by INXS: Need You Tonight, Disappear, Bitter Tears. And yes how ironic that two of them are indeed from X. Look to do Kick justice, you just have to listen to the entire album (unfortunately Generation iPod doesn't consume albums holistically).
No comments:
Post a Comment