4.8.07

WHY?

"He cried in a whisper at some image, at some vision - he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath - 'The horror! The horror!' "
So I, diabolically, announced the Harry Potter 7 spoilers on Facebook. I know that is quite diabolical, on the spectrum of diabolical.

Now, why I would do such a thing?

Well it's quite simple, Kal El has a heart of darkness.
The motif of "darkness" from the title recurs throughout the book. It is used to reflect the unknown, the concept of the "darkness of barbarism" contrasted with the "light of civilization" and the ambiguity of both - the dark motives of civilization and the freedom of barbarism, as well as the "spiritual darkness" of several characters. This sense of darkness also lends itself to a related theme of obscurity — again, in various senses, reflecting the ambiguities in the work. Moral issues are not clear-cut; that which ought to be (in various senses) on the side of "light" is in fact mired in darkness, and vice versa.

No comments: