7.8.07

An Affair to Remember?

A couple of years ago Britt and I had an affair. Britt is terribly beautiful, full of life, fun, and epitomizes 'joie de vivre'. It was torrid, passionate, and dangerous. Soon afterwards her path turned towards Europe and I headed towards California. And that was that, The End?

No! (Of course not, otherwise what would be the point?)

Today, like a specter from the past, Britt resurfaced in my life. What will happen? Well I'll probably see her in New York next month, nothing more nothing less.

Britt
Kal!!!! How are you my love?!
How is CA?

Kal
SF is great !
how are you? where are you?

Britt
Kal, I left Per two weeks ago

Kal
Really ? wow
How are you faring?

Britt
Sooooo well
Better for both of us really
I've been going to hamptons every weekend with friends

Kal
Ah, Britt part of the international jet set

Britt
Now I need to know when you coming to new york?
I would love to see you

Kal
How do you like New York?

Britt
It's great, I love working in the art world, I get to see the people are great
and I am able to have a big personality in ny without stepping on toes

Kal
Yes, the anonymity is an advantage

Britt
So how do you like sf, are you dating?

Kal
Well the girls here aren't as beautiful as you
They are quite grungy

Britt
Hahaha, when are you coming to NY?
it would be great to see you

Kal
yeah
the past year has been a blur

Britt
all you do is work
and you're working too hard

Kal
Oh I did buy a Mercedes :)
SF is incredibly diverse
I needed to move out here
Big cities are great

Britt
That makes me happy
Areed never moving unless its to europe
You know what's funny?
I won a best dressed at a burlesque parlor sp with bjork in the audience
pretty cool huh?

Kal
hahaha!
nice!

Britt
so glad to to be in touch again, don't be a stranger

Kal
You know you honestly made my time in m-town so great
you were/are awesome
we had fun

Britt
Lets pick it up in nyc or sf
you have to ring me before so we can make plans
the art world gets into full swing during sept
I will take you to some fun parties

Kal
Yeah for sure
will you be my date?

Britt
Yes I think I could manage that
I can't wait to see you!

Kal
haha
cool
I promise to brush my teeth

Britt
Hurry up and get here
I miss ya

____________

It's interesting that all my dalliances are just that, dalliances. New York will be fun, although there is part of me that believes it's not the right thing to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy being single while you can, bro.

kh said...

thanks for the sage advice, 'bro'