11.8.07

Saturday

0630- woke up and cursed myself for waking up so early on the weekend. No wonder I'm tired.

0631-0830- checked fb, read news, read about Oliver Cromwell and Lord Lucan on wikipedia

0835- decided to sleep, after all it's Saturday, however turned on my cellphone as Ma mentioned last week that Dad always wants to call on Saturdays before he goes to sleep.

0925-1030- Dad calls. Asked if he woke me up, I say no I've been up since 630. Asked if I was with 'anyone', I laugh and say no, not today. Catch up on with the folks: monsoon rain, who's getting married/divorced, and why some relatives are cool/lame.

1035-1100- feeling tired. Negotiate on whether I should sleep (yes, because I didn't get enough sleep) or not (no, because the day is wasted). Turn on the tv and watch cartoons on mute.

1105- decide to get up and shower. En route I realize that I'm almost out of my signature cologne (as a creature of habit, I've used the same cologne since I was 16).

1130- Errands! great! pick up and drop off dry cleaning. Talk to Gwen on the way. I decide to hold off on getting the car washed till next week (I need to get it clay waxed, takes 3 hours).

1200- hmm noonish, feeling hungry. I hope across the street from the dry cleaner to the gourmet deli for a roast beef sandwich on wheat bread with swiss cheese, extra mustard and no tomatoes (I never get tomatoes, they overpower the sandwich and cause sogginess mayhem). Indulge in some impromptu grocery shopping: apples (Red Delicious of course, they are the best), protein bars, Diet Coke, and peanut butter.

While I was waiting in line for my turn at the deli, this little old couple came up to me. They were holding hands, and were very cute. The lady says, "Sonny, did you get a number?", I replied with a 'Yes ma'am, I sure did.' She smiles and says well I wanted to be sure we didn't cut in front of you. Her husband was beaming at her, and turns to me and says, 'She's like that, always making sure everybody's alright.' What a lucky man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the question is, what are your plans for tonight?

kh said...

Ah going to a party