6.8.07

Breakfast Club III

Why are most girls insecure? Because they think they're fat. If you think you are...well you probably would be best served by hitting the gym and laying off the bagels (that means you Nigella). In a perfect world, people wouldn't be judged by how they look. However, we don't live in a perfect world, far from it in fact, so if you are likely to be judged then you might as well look your best. That and the fact that insecure people are a vortex of negativity.

Funny dialog from The Breakfast Club on the subject:

Claire

What's your name?

Bender
What's yours?

Claire
Claire.

Bender
Claire?!

Claire
Claire. It's a family name.

Bender
Oh, it's a fat girl's name.

Claire
Oh, thank you.

Bender
You're welcome.

Claire
I'm not fat.

Bender
Well not at present, but I can see you really pushing maximum density. See I'm not sure if you know this, but there are two kinds of fat people: there's fat people that were born to be fat, and there's fat people that were once thin but became fat... so when you look at 'em you can sorta see that thin person inside. You see, you're gonna get married, you're gonna squeeze out a few puppies and then, uh...

1 comment:

Susan said...

God, I love John Bender.

Nigella's not insecure about being fat! That's part of her appeal!