25.5.07

Vegetarians

I have nothing against vegetarians. Many of my friends and family members are vegetarians. The problem I have is with vegetarian snobs. Their condescending attitude manifests itself in two ways:

  1. Being a vegetarian is healthier: no it's not. A balanced diet is good for you.
  2. Being a vegetarian is ethically correct: maybe. But honestly in a world where human rights are routinely trampled, we're worrying about animal rights? What about priorities? What about vegetable rights? Or for that matter the rights of anything we consume!
The holier than thou approach, looking down their nose at us 'carnivores' is just so, so lame. You can't expect me to believe that by eating vegetables you're a superior human being. Don't even get me started of vegans. Vegans, for those who don't know the difference, don't consume or use animal by-products i.e. cow's milk, leather jackets, or eggs. They can also be retarded.

I'm all for individual choice, but it's lame when you start imposing your beliefs on others. Live and let live, or in this case live and let die!

1 comment:

Susan said...

[Throw tomatoes]
Murderer!