28.5.07

The Art of the Zapper

The TV remote control is integral to our entertainment experience. In the hands of a novice or an incompetent person the entire viewing dynamic is jeopardized. What's more annoying than sub-optimal zapping maneuverability? (Well dirty cars, but I've already ranted about that)

Rules for Zapping

  1. Prioritize 2, or preferably 3, channels with interesting concurrent programming
  2. Do not waste any time on commercials
  3. Do not cycle through channels in a linear fashion- it is inefficient
  4. Know your key channels by heart, so you can surf dynamically
Following these simple rules you too can become a Zapping Jedi. I realize that with the last series of posts I may come across as a bit of a, well, control freak. I'm not (no seriously I'm not). It's just that these are such simple things that most, if not all, people regardless of IQ, can easily conquer. Following my way you will look sharp, be efficient, and hopefully, be driving a cleaner car :) The other aspect i.e. making you more interesting, well we're working on that.

No comments: