Foreign Film
I hate foreign film snobs. I really do. This also includes people who pontificate about the merits of independent film, the evils of the Hollywood machine, and profess their love for art-house cinema.
"Oooo I love the colorful montages that Fellini paints, film is his canvas"
"Ugh I don't want to see ____, let's watch that independent Peruvian film on the life of mountain goats- the proceeds benefit fair-trade coffee farmers!"
"I only watch Japanese horror, it's much better"
Well despite my juvenile obsession with Japan, I would tend to agree with the last statement. There is some seriously sick shit in Japanese films (especially those by Takashi Miike...I highly recommend you do not look at these screencaps).
Having said that, some foreign films that are worth watching:
- Cinema Paradiso
- Il Postino
- Maria Full of Grace
- Ichi the Killer
1 comment:
Why? WHY would you put a link to those screencaps and then tell us not to look? You know we're going to look and then spend the rest of the day clutching our chests.
Post a Comment