27.5.07

Dirty Cars

I'm probably going to sound like an anal-freak when I say this, and maybe I am (a bit), but...I detest, hate, loathe, abhor dirty cars. Honestly short of finding a nice curly hair in my food, there is NOTHING more that I hate. And my question is why?

Do you wear week old underwear?
Would you go out with a giant stain on your shirt?
Are you incapable of basic hygiene?

Some basic rules:

  1. Never eat in your car, eating can be accomplished just as well outside the car
  2. Never, ever, smoke in your car. It's disgusting. Your car is not an ashtray
  3. Never leave crap in your car. Throw it away you probably don't need it
  4. Get it hand-waxed every 3 months- any more and you damage the paint
A dirty car says volumes about you. It says that you don't care about yourself. So why should someone else? I realize that in terms of priorities there are greater things that require greater attention. However it's the small details that constitutes life. I drive an old car, it's a 1995 Mercedes C280 (isn't she beautiful?). I get it washed every 10 days and, inside, it smells faintly of lemons. I don't do it for anyone, but myself. It feels great. Try it out, you'll feel better about your miserable life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, my friend, are odd. Clean and smartly-dressed, but odd nonetheless.