27.9.07

Smallville Premiere

So the wait is over. The Smallville premiere, sort of hit all the predictable 'highs' i.e. it was very...obvious. It didn't really kick major ass- even the opening sequence- which can be counted on for some action- was really gay. Rather than introduce any new plot elements, the episode was tightly focused on tying up 'loose' ends rather too neatly in my estimation. The recurring theme was 'Look I'm dead...No I'm not !". Which, about 4 times, isn't much of a surprise at all. So the quick strokes are simple- here's what happened (what I still have to say 'Spoiler Alert' ?):

  • There are new opening credits- they rock ! And they hint at a new character...SUPERGIRL
  • Clark defeats Bizarro Clark- realizes that Bizarro Clark is his exact opposite i.e. gets stronger with Kryptonite, weaker from the sun. However at the end Bizarro seems to be 'rescued' by ? after Clark uppercuts him into the atmosphere (literally)
  • Lex is dead- but no he's alive!- is saved by this shimmering image of girl who looks like an angel- he takes this to be a revelation and 'turns over a new leaf' or become Born Again essentially- very lame
  • Chloe is dead- but no she's alive ! So yes Chloe lives (the gift of life is her meteor freak ability)
  • Lana is dead- but no she's alive ! So yes Lana lives...in China (I'm not kidding)
  • Bizarro pinched Lois' ass- she obviously mistook him for Clark- and later made Clark apologize...possibly starting the Lois Lane + Clark Kent affair ?
At the end we see, who I imagine, Supergirl- she's so NOT hot, all I can say is that she has a little porky nose. All in all, it was a solid if somewhat unspectacular beginning to the new season. I really hope they pick things up- the series really needs to take it up a notch, and really grow up.

No comments: