20.9.07

It's Over

So. I'm back. For the last three months, I cannot begin to explain how intense things have been at work. This morning at 830 am we had a client presentation- a presentation we built for the six days non-stop. That means I was getting home from work at about midnight...every night.

It was really the perfect storm of fuckage: One project that wasn't supposed to pose any demands ended up having two ad-hoc deliverables back to back, the consultant on my project went on vacation for a week, and I couldn't get additional help, so the squeeze play on i.e. I got crushed with work, ergo working till midnight. The good news: everything got done. The bad news: I barely slept and ate, and generally ran myself into the ground.

What did I do today? Well we presented to the executive team of a $250 million organization- who absolutely loved our work. Mostly I learned a lot. I saw my 'boss', Arrow, answer tough questions. I understood what it takes to build credibility. I had a brief glimpse of my future- as a trusted adviser (except in my diabolical case, I'd be a Svengali ! ) Mostly I learned that success is built one day at a time, and that, I, have much to learn.

No comments: