4.11.03

I've been interested in nMRI and brain mapping technologies since my days as a neuro researcher.

Some thoughts on this,

I think brain imaging should be used in the product design of human machine interfaces. Imaging of the brain is a better means by which to determine the effectiveness of an interface than simple questionaires or sample product tests. More on this later...

Also, why doesn't my computer know how I'm feeling? Physiological responses indicating stress, or fear, or euphoria are relatively easy to record. Wouldn't it be nice if my first person shooter knew when I was frightened, so as to pop up another enemy from a dark corner or change to a particularly spooky sound track. A mouse, or game pad, with a heart and galvanic response monitor would do the trick to begin with. This could be expanded to include iris monitoring technologies, EEG and EMG recording techniques to monitor alert levels, brain wave patterns, and muscle response.

___________________________

No comments: